Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Options bar moving my objects......

This is a problem I posted on AUGI towards the end of last year

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=111281&highlight=revit+screen+jump

When I start up Revit and click on an object the Revit Options bar duplicates and physically moves the object I clicked.

The video below is a screen capture of what happens and the video is real time (meaning no, it hasn't been sped up, as suggested on my initial AUGI post)




video




I lodged the problem with autodesk and received the usual helpful response - "this is a known issue, we are working on the issue, blah blah blah"

Autodesk have since added a page to the online support with "solutions" to the problem.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=14997251&linkID=9243182&CMP=OTC-RSSSUP01

Disable press and drag - this works, but it isn't a solution, it is more a work around. Why disable a tool that is there to be used?

Reset the Revit registry - FAIL. This doesn't solve the problem.

I suspected it maybe hardware related, I was running a windows XP 32-Bit operating system when I first encountered the problem.

I have since upgraded to Windows 7 64-Bit, and still face the same problem time and time again.

The best fix I have found.

If you do not click on an object you won't see the objects move.

Solution

If you open Revit or are working in Revit and when you click one of your objects the Revit Options bar duplicates and physically moves the object you clicked, click undo, then keep clicking around the screen (away from your objects) and 9 times out of 10, after a couple of clicks the options bar will stop duplicating.

Failing that - save, close and restart Revit.

Not the best solution I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment