Friday, October 29, 2010
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
The next edition of AUGI AEC Edge is almost upon us, and Steve Stafford of Revit OPED is interested in hearing which article you enjoyed the most in all the issues of AUGI AEC Edge.
The publisher is interested in including the most popular one(s) in a special separate publication they will do that features a number of Autodesk product related articles.
Please help Steve with this task and visit his POST
One article of note is pages 28 and 29 of the Spring 2010 Issue
This is a topic I was due to present at Autodesk University 2010, due to unforeseen circumstances I am unable to attend. As a result I will share the information here in the form of regular posts titled The 'I' in BIM with a sub-heading.
Saturday, October 2, 2010
Below are the top 5 Revit Structure wish list results, voted for by you, the users. My personal favourite came in at number 5.
1. Provide a "disallow join" option for framing members. This will allow them to be infinitely controlled as needed. Submitted by Tony Wagner
2. Make the creation of large text notes, such as general notes, much more like AutoCAD and graphically stable when editing at different display scales. Submitted by Buck Wooten
3. Allow Tags to be freely rotated at a desired angle. At present the user can only rotate the tags just horizontal or vertical. Submitted by Silleke Suarez
4. Enable the option in tags of showing Top of footing elevations, not just bottom. Submitted by Jonathan Brazier
5. Enable the ability to tag anything in a 3D view. Submitted by Glenn Jowett