Thursday, June 9, 2011

Revit ST: One Year On (Off Topic)


So, the blog becomes one year old later this month, I have made 76 posts in the last 12 months and had over 20,000 hits. When I started this page I didn't think I would ever get to 10,000 hits, so my expectations have been far surpassed.

It has been a difficult year for me on a personal level; I have lived in 5 houses, in 3 different countries, and had 4 different jobs, not to mention having over $10,000 worth of belongings stolen from my house after a break in.

To top that off, I sadly watched a family member pass away in January. RIP. (If anybody wants to help my fiancé raise money for Cancer Research UK, please, follow the link at the right of the blog, it is a great cause, and every little helps)

On a positive note, the blog has clearly been a success, and I have also helped found RUGLeeds (The Revit User Group Leeds,) which was a massive success.

To top that off, I have also been busy planning my wedding! (November the 26th 2011) So I guess life could be worse.

I have had the chance to work on an amazing project, as the lead (or should I say the only) Revit modeller for a multimillion pound theatre development in the UK, and I am now back with my old company, Opus International Consultants, heading up our on-going Revit development in the UK business.

I just want to thank everyone who follows the blog, and thank those of you that leave me comments, I don't get chance to reply to all of them, but I do make an effort.

Hopefully we can hit the 50,000 mark by this time next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment